Sports

Chinese Super League Rumors: Inter Milan's Ever Banega Emerges as Tianjin Quanjian's Next Target

By | Feb 14, 2017 11:01 AM EST
0
Inter Milan midfielder Ever Banega

Tianjin Quanjian is targeting Inter Milan midfielder Ever Banega.(Photo : Getty Images)

Inter Milan midfielder Ever Banega has emerged as the latest target of Tianjin Quanjian after the Chinese Super League club missed out on signing Chelsea's Diego Costa and Fiorentina's Nikola Kalinic.

Tianjin Quanjian is prepared to offer $27 million for Banega as head coach Fabio Cannavaro is "desperate to bring another big-name player" before the 2017 CSL season begins next month, The Sun reported.

Like Us on Facebook

Banega is also set to earn $164,000 per week, a huge upgrade from his current salary in Italy if he chooses to accept the China switch.

At the moment, Cannavaro has Brazilians Alexandre Pato and Geuvânio, South Korean midfielder Kwon Kyung-won, and Belgian midfielder Axel Witsel as his foreign players.

China's top-flight league is set to implement a new limit of three non-Chinese players playing simultaneously on the pitch for a team per game in the upcoming season. This new ruling is said to have affected the transfer strategies of many Chinese clubs, but it seemed to have not disturbed Quanjian's plans of getting more reinforcements.

Cannavaro had earlier tried to lure Brazilian Costa and Croatian Kalinic to join his revolution in Tianjin this year, but the two big-time goalscorers have both turned down his offers. Right now, the Italian mentor has turned his attention on Banega, who has been a key player in head coach Stefano Pioli's plans in San Siro.

Banega, 28, has not scored that much this term, but his presence in Inter's frontline has made a huge impact in the team's offense and ball-control. The Argentina international has appeared in 19 games in all competitions so far for the Nerazzurri, scoring twice, since he was acquired last summer from La Liga squad Sevilla as a free agent.

Banega was reportedly not included in Pioli's lineup during their match with Empoli last weekend because of an undisclosed injury. However, Football Italia indicated that the injury story was just a "sub-plot to disguise the forthcoming transfer."

Inter is said to be looking to sell some of its assets at this time to "comply with Financial Fair Play Regulations," the report noted.

©2017 Chinatopix All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission

Subscribe

Sign up for our free weekly newsletter for the latest in-depth coverage!

Real Time Analytics