|Victoria Stanley |||Nov 22, 2015 09:19 AM EST|
(Photo : Feng Li | Getty images News) Angered by the killing of Chinese nationals in terrorist attacks, Chinese President Xi Jinping has vowed to wage war against the Islamic State.
Chinese President Xi Jinping has vowed to wage war on the Islamic State after the extremist group executed one of its citizens.
China will be joining the war against ISIS after four of its citizens were killed by the Islamist terrorists this week in two separate attacks.
According to the Mirror, ISIS announced the murder of Fan Jinghui, a Beijing man, aged 50 years, together with Ole Johan Grimsgaard-Ofstad of Norwegian, aged 48 years. In September, ISIS announced that the two men had been taken hostage.
Like Us on Facebook
President Xi said that China will strengthen its cooperation with the international community and crack down on the violent terrorist operations that have devastated innocent lives in order to safeguard security and world peace. He called upon the relevant departments to enhance security work both within and outside China's borders.
ISIS published two full page pictures of the men in their propaganda publication Dabiq. The latest issue of the group's in-house magazine showed images purporting to display the two men shot to death. They are said to have been abandoned by "kafir" nations and organisations.
In addition, Xi condemned the attack by militants on the Raddison Blu hotel in Mali's capital city Bamako, describing it as cruel and savage. Several people were killed during the attack this week, among them are three executives from a Chinese railway company. The Chinese leader said that his government will surely hold the perpetrators accountable.
China has a vast military force with more than two million active personnel; making the announcement especially grim news for ISIS.
Before Malian commandos stormed the building and freed 170 hostages, gunmen shouting Islamic slogans had attacked the Radisson Blu hotel in Bamako and took several people hostages - many of them foreigners.
Executives from the state-owned China Railway Construction Corp were the three Chinese citizens killed in the hotel attack, the company revealed on its website.
The company claims to be deeply saddened by the deaths of the three employees, and expressed sympathy to the victims' families, Sunday Express reported.
The three deceased executives have been identified as the general manager and deputy general manager of the company's international division Zhou Tianxiang and Wang Xuanshang respectively as well as the general manager of its West Africa division Chang Xuehui.
©2015 Chinatopix All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission
China's former Chief of the Ministry of Public Security, Zhou Yongkang, has been given a life sentence after he was found guilty of abusing his office, bribery and deliberately ... Full Article
China Pork Prices Expected to Stabilize As The Supplies Recover
Elephone P9000 Smartphone is now on Sale on Amazon India
There's a Big Chance Cliffhangers Won't Still Be Resolved When Grey's Anatomy Season 13 Returns
Supreme Court Ruled on Samsung vs Apple Dispute for Patent Infringement
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Rumors and Release Date: What is the Latest?