Football Transfer Rumors: Manchester City Could Snag Paul Pogba This Summer after Barcelona 'Pulled Out' of £85M Bid
|Cristian Andal |||Feb 16, 2016 10:16 AM EST|
(Photo : Getty Images) Manchester City could snag Paul Pogba this summer after FC Barcelona “pulled out” of their alleged £85 million bid for the Juventus midfielder.
Reigning La Liga champions FC Barcelona had "pulled out" of their alleged £85 million bid for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba this summer "after becoming increasingly aware of their own financial restrictions", which means English Premier League club Manchester City could snag him away from the Spanish giants, recent reports say.
Like Us on Facebook
Caught Offside noted that after the Camp Nou residents agreed to Juve about the transfer deal to acquire the 22-year-old Frenchman this summer that is worth a massive £85 million, Barça had suddenly backed out of the agreement citing the club's self-imposed "financial restrictions" as the reason for the withdrawal.
Blaugrana's officials are reportedly preparing to bid for Everton FC defender John Stones instead, who is also linked to Premier League clubs Chelsea and Manchester United this summer, acknowledging that Stones is the cheaper alternative as compared to Pogba, as per the Daily Mirror.
Pogba is said to be set to command a weekly salary of £250,000 and Barça will reportedly not be able to afford it anymore as the team is more inclined to giving top-three FIFA Ballon d'Or candidate Neymar the wage increase the Brazilian demands in order to keep him.
This leaves the door open for City to snag Pogba at season's end when current Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola takes over head coaching duties at the Etihad from Manuel Pellegrini this summer.
Speculations abound that Guardiola's number one target in the summer is Pogba, who had been his favorite ever since the 6-foot-3, Lagny-sur-Marne, France native's days with Manchester United.
Meanwhile, recent news said that City officials are concerned about the possible mass exodus of young players from the club when Guardiola arrives this summer, especially after the Spanish bench tactician expressed his intention to specifically bring in Pogba and Barça's Sergio Busquets to the Etihad with him next season.
There had been reports that the Citizens are prepared to hand Guardiola a massive budget that time so he can pull off all the signings he wants in order to create his desired lineup.
Daily Mail Online said that "a clutch of the club's most talented Under 16s are stalling on signing contracts, concerned their route to senior football will be hampered by the impending Galactico era".
©2015 Chinatopix All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission
China's former Chief of the Ministry of Public Security, Zhou Yongkang, has been given a life sentence after he was found guilty of abusing his office, bribery and deliberately ... Full Article
China Pork Prices Expected to Stabilize As The Supplies Recover
Elephone P9000 Smartphone is now on Sale on Amazon India
There's a Big Chance Cliffhangers Won't Still Be Resolved When Grey's Anatomy Season 13 Returns
Supreme Court Ruled on Samsung vs Apple Dispute for Patent Infringement
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Rumors and Release Date: What is the Latest?