CHINA TOPIX

Updated 8:47 AM EST, Fri, Mar 05, 2021

Make CT Your Homepage

China football 2016

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy

China Football: Tottenham Hotspur Set to Join China's 'Youth Football Drive'

Tottenham Hotspur FC is set to join China’s youth football development initiatives as the English Premier League club will kick off a year-long program that will target the country’s “grassroots level.”

Aston Villa owner Dr. Tony Xia

Premier League: Aston Villa's Dr. Tony Xia stirs controversy after quoting Mao Tse-Tung regarding potential transfer targets

Aston Villa’s notorious owner Dr. Tony Xia got himself into another controversy after quoting Chinese communist revolutionary, leader, and founder Mao Tse-Tung in trying to express his opinion about the club’s potential transfer targets.

Sampdoria forward Antonio Cassano

China Football: Sampdoria's Antonio Cassano turns down China move to stay in Italy

Sampdoria forward Antonio Cassano had recently admitted that he turned down an offer from China just to stay with his club in Italy even as his relationship with team president Massimo Ferrero continued to deteriorate.

Atletico Madrid co-owner Wang Jianlin

China Football: Wang Jianlin warns investors that China's 'football splurge' could cause economic ruin

China’s richest man Wang Jianlin had recently warned Chinese investors that the country’s current worldwide “football splurge” could cause economic ruin for a financier and owning a football club is more about “influence” than making money.

Liverpool FC's home stadium of Anfield

China Football: Chinese firm Everbright approaches Liverpool for potential takeover

China Everbright Group, a state-owned Chinese enterprise, had recently approached Liverpool FC for a potential takeover of the English Premier League side, according to recent reports.

Stoke City head coach Mark Hughes

China Football: Stoke City trains 60 Chinese coaches in England

English Premier League side Stoke City FC had accepted to train 60 Chinese association football coaches in Staffordshire, England in line with the country’s move to become a world superpower of the sport by the year 2050.

Juventus defender Medhi Benatia

China Football: Juventus scores close 2-1 decision over South China

Italian Serie A champions Juventus FC survived a tough challenge from Hong Kong Premier League giants South China AA to come away with a come-from-behind 2-1 victory in a preseason friendly match held at the Hong Kong Stadium last Saturday.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho in a training session during their recent China pre-season tour

China Football: Manchester United reaches home safely from China amidst storm threat; Zlatan Ibrahimović ready to join team this week

English Premier League team Manchester United reached home safely from their spoiled pre-season tour in China which was threatened by a storm that caused the cancellation of their would-have-been historic derby with Manchester City in the country’s capital city of Beijing on Monday.

China PR head coach Gao Hongbo

China Football: CFA reveals names of China PR players competing in FIFA World Cup qualifiers

The Chinese Football Association (CFA) has recently announced the complete roster of the Chinese national football team that will compete in the third round of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers this September.

Jose Mourinho's agent Jorge Mendes

China Football: Jose Mourinho's agent linked to Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Chinese takeover

The agent of Manchester United’s new head coach Jose Mourinho, Jorge Mendes, is reportedly linked to the Chinese takeover of Football League Championship club Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, according to recent reports.

Manchester United head coach Jose Mourinho

China Football: Jose Mourinho 'frustrated' about Zlatan Ibrahimović, Bastian Schweinsteiger no-show in Man United's China pre-season games

Newly-appointed Manchester United head coach Jose Mourinho is reportedly “frustrated” about the absences of big-name players Zlatan Ibrahimović and Bastian Schweinsteiger during the squad’s China pre-season games in the 2016 International Champions Cup this weekend.

Former Central Coast Mariners head coach and now Newcastle Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna

China Football: A-League clubs Newcastle Jets, Wellington Phoenix to acquire Chinese players next season

Lowly A-League clubs Newcastle Jets and Wellington Phoenix are reportedly planning to acquire Chinese players next season, even on loan, as the said Australian teams aim to promote themselves and the league in the massive Chinese market.

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp

China Football: Liverpool rejects buyout offer of Chinese billionaire Liu Yiqian

Liverpool FC owners Fenway Sports Group recently turned down a buyout offer from Chinese billionaire Liu Yiqian, China’s 47th richest man, as the company has no plans of selling their majority stake in the English Premier League club.

Former AC Milan player and head coach Clarence Seedorf

China Football: Former Milan manager Clarence Seedorf takes over China second division squad Shenzhen FC

Former AC Milan head coach and midfielder Clarence Seedorf was named as the new manager of China second division association football squad Shenzhen FC.

AC Milan fans at the San Siro Stadium

China Football: Chinese firm agrees to buy 80% AC Milan stake, will purchase remaining 20% in 2 or 3 years

An unidentified Chinese firm is rumored to be in talks with Italian Serie A squad AC Milan for it to buy an 80 percent stake in the club with the remaining 20 percent set to be purchased within two or three years from now.

1 2 3 4
Real Time Analytics