Chinese Super League News: Yanbian Funde nips Hebei China Fortune, 3-2, denies Manuel Pellegrini of first win
|Cristian Andal |||Sep 19, 2016 10:17 AM EDT|
(Photo : Getty Images) Yanbian Funde FC nipped Hebei China Fortune FC, 3-2, at the Yanji Nationwide Fitness Centre Stadium last Saturday to keep former Manchester City head coach Manuel Pellegrini winless in the 2016 Chinese Super League season.
In a battle of newly-promoted clubs, Yanbian Funde FC nipped Hebei China Fortune FC, 3-2, at the Yanji Nationwide Fitness Centre Stadium last Saturday to keep former Manchester City head coach Manuel Pellegrini winless in the 2016 Chinese Super League season.
With the win, Yanbian Funde, who won last season's China League One tournament to get promoted to the China top flight this term, got back at their Chinese second division runners-up last season as Hebei won their first meeting this year at the Qinhuangdao Olympic Sports Center Stadium back in May with a 1-0 tally.
Like Us on Facebook
The Samba Kings drew first blood with a goal from Brazilian forward Aloisio right at the third minute, with the assist coming from French midfielder Gael Kakuta, earning the first lead of the match, as per Soccerway.
However, head coach Park Tae-ha's boys were able to string a pair of goals in a span of a minute during the first half stoppage time with back-to-back goals from South Korean striker Kim Seung-dae, via a penalty kick, and Gambian winger Bubacarr Trawally, giving the hosts a 2-1 lead at the halftime interval.
Aloisio then found the equalizer for ex-City boss Pellegrini, his second goal of the match, with his own spot kick at the 62nd minute off a foul by Yanbian midfielder Li Haojie.
The visitors tried hard to claim the lead late in the match with attacks from Aloisio, Kakuta, and Cameroonian midfielder Stéphane Mbia, but it was the hosts who netted the winning goal at the 77th with a strike from defender Cui Min off a pass by teammate Chi Zhongguo.
The win snapped Yanbian's three-game winless slump while it was the third consecutive loss of Hebei.
Meanwhile, ESPN indicated that Pellegrini's side "must improve defensively" if they want to end the season on a high note with five games left in their campaign this term.
"Now I'm only thinking about the next five rounds of matches, and I'm not distracted by anything else," said Pellegrini. "But, like I have said, it is time for every player to show me that they deserve to be kept at this club."
The 63-year-old Chilean mentor was hired by Hebei last month after he was replaced from his City post by Pep Guardiola at the beginning of the Premier League season.
After watching from the stands during the team's 0-3 loss to Guangzhou Evergrande on Sep. 10, he officially debuted for Hebei in this game against Yanbian.
©2015 Chinatopix All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission
China's former Chief of the Ministry of Public Security, Zhou Yongkang, has been given a life sentence after he was found guilty of abusing his office, bribery and deliberately ... Full Article
Elephone P9000 Smartphone is now on Sale on Amazon India
There's a Big Chance Cliffhangers Won't Still Be Resolved When Grey's Anatomy Season 13 Returns
Supreme Court Ruled on Samsung vs Apple Dispute for Patent Infringement
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Rumors and Release Date: What is the Latest?
6 Year-Old-Boy Trapped in 40-Metre-Deep Well for 3rd Day