|Cristian Andal |||Feb 28, 2017 09:24 PM EST|
(Photo : Getty Images) Carlos Bacca rejects a $15 million-per-year offer from Tianjin Quanjian.
Carlos Bacca recently rejected a lucrative offer from Chinese Super League team Tianjin Quanjian as the Colombian striker wanted to stay with AC Milan.
Bacca, 30, has become the primary goalscorer of Milan after one-and-a-half seasons with the club. He was acquired in the summer of 2015 from La Liga giants Sevilla for a transfer fee of around $31 million.
Like Us on Facebook
In his first season with I Rossoneri, the Colombia international netted 20 goals in a total of 43 games in all competitions. He is on pace to duplicate it this year with 10 goals in 24 appearances so far in all competitions.
Bacca said to have turned down an almost $15 million-per-year deal with Tianjin as he prefers to remain in San Siro and help "propel AC Milan back into Europe's premier competition", 90min reported.
"I remain at Milan, there was a great offer from China, but I want to bring the Rossoneri to Europe. You resist with your head and keep your feet on the ground. Money is not everything in life. First there is God, then my family - these are the most important things," said Bacca.
"I would earn a lot of money (moving to China) but I wouldn't be happy, so I am glad to be here," he added.
Bacca has been in a rocky relationship with Milan's new head coach, Vincenzo Montella, this season. Just recently, he quarreled with the Italian manager right on the bench which drew boos from the crowd, as per Goal. There are also sections in San Siro that are jeering him during his poor performances as of late. Still, Bacca insists that it was just because of the fans' expectations for him to perform well.
"The fans expect a lot of me, that is a responsibility and I will do more for this team," he said.
Bacca has a release clause of $31 million in his current contract and Milan could earn that amount if the club decides to sell him to Quanjian.
©2015 Chinatopix All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission
China's former Chief of the Ministry of Public Security, Zhou Yongkang, has been given a life sentence after he was found guilty of abusing his office, bribery and deliberately ... Full Article
Elephone P9000 Smartphone is now on Sale on Amazon India
There's a Big Chance Cliffhangers Won't Still Be Resolved When Grey's Anatomy Season 13 Returns
Supreme Court Ruled on Samsung vs Apple Dispute for Patent Infringement
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Rumors and Release Date: What is the Latest?
6 Year-Old-Boy Trapped in 40-Metre-Deep Well for 3rd Day