|Marco Foronda |||May 11, 2015 03:47 AM EDT|
(Photo : Nintendo) Super Smash Bros will be released on Wii U on November 28, and Nintendo is hoping it will save the console.
Nintendo announced last week their decision to join the current mobile gaming craze.
The Japanese game developer won't stop there, as it added that it will release four more mobile titles in 2017. Releasing five mobile games in two years doesn't sound like a lot, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said it's the right strategy for his company.
Like Us on Facebook
"You may think it is a small number, but when we aim to make each title a hit, and because we want to thoroughly operate every one of them for a significant amount of time after their releases, this is not a small number at all and should demonstrate our serious commitment to the smart device business," Iwata told investors.
Producer of Mario Kart, Hideki Konno, would be leading development on the company's mobile games, Iwata added.
Nintendo said it has several challenges to deal with while entering the mobile game market, like fans of its Wii U platform getting used to smartphone touchscreens as replacements for game controls. The company said the unpredictability of the market could also make success difficult to achieve, so it will have to be careful about picking characters and franchises for the games.
Company's first mobile game will be available to smartphone users by the end of this year, and the rest will be available by March 2017. Other details, such as what characters will appear in the games, have yet to be revealed.
Reports said that Nintendo's first mobile game might feature Mario or Pokemon of some kind, though expect it to play much differently from Nintendo's traditional games. Nintendo is making a point of keeping mobile distinct from their core video games, with the hope that mobile games will serve as a gateway to their Nintendo 3DS and Wii U gaming consoles.
Nintendo's new membership service should be a step towards reaching that goal. Players will be able to create one Nintendo ID that will work across all Nintendo sites and platforms, much like what you see on across Sony's PlayStation brand. Expect to hear more later this year.
©2015 Chinatopix All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission
China's former Chief of the Ministry of Public Security, Zhou Yongkang, has been given a life sentence after he was found guilty of abusing his office, bribery and deliberately ... Full Article
China Pork Prices Expected to Stabilize As The Supplies Recover
Elephone P9000 Smartphone is now on Sale on Amazon India
There's a Big Chance Cliffhangers Won't Still Be Resolved When Grey's Anatomy Season 13 Returns
Supreme Court Ruled on Samsung vs Apple Dispute for Patent Infringement
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Rumors and Release Date: What is the Latest?